My learning experience
Learning experience
First of all, I am so happy fall is officially here. This semester has been great and I feel I am learning a great amount this year. Each semester I learn something new that I can apply in my future classroom. For some students, they have worked in a school for a while. For me, I am I have been in the medical field for ten years and this is a whole new world to me.
As I work through this class I have learned how to blog. I would have never started a blog on my own. I do feel that it is a great way to express your thoughts and learn from other classmates. In the future, I may even be able to connect with other teachers and find new ideas to use in my classroom. Last few weeks I learned the true meaning of creating an effective re-engagement lesson. I learned the difference between re-teaching and creating a re-engagement lesson. I also have learned different strategies to use in my future classroom. I found several strategies on reading rockets website that I can apply in a classroom. I will share the link below. I can connect my learning with NCPTS standard three, teachers know the content they teach. The information I am learning can be applied in my future classroom. I am learning the content that is appropriate and relevant to students. I also can connect to NCPTS standard four, teachers plan instruction appropriate for their students and teachers use a variety of instructional methods. I hope everyone continues to have a great semester and enjoy this weather!
Resource for strategies
I am so excited that it is fall here to! I thought it would never come. I also feel that I have learned a great amount this semester so far. I think that being in a classroom before time is a great idea to do if you can. This is my first year with the school system in a Kindergarten classroom. I am seeing and learning new things everyday. I also like seeings things that we learn be put into place and it helps me understand it. This is a great post!
ReplyDeleteThank goodness Fall is finally here! I feel like I have been waiting forever. I also feel a lot like you do with learning all these different terms and ideas. It sometimes feels like learning a foreign language, so I am thankful I'm not alone in that! Reading rockets really is such a great resource. I have used it a ton this semester too. Good luck with the rest of your semester!
ReplyDeleteElizabeth, I am so excited for fall too!! I also feel like we have learned a lot this semester and I look forward to learning more. You really have made a huge change from medical to education. Great post!!
ReplyDeleteElizabeth, I too have done several things this semester I have never done before. This semester has opened my eyes to the importance of being able to adapt lessons in the classroom. I have also learned the importance of re-engaging the students instead of re-teaching them. Thank you for sharing your reflection.
ReplyDeleteElizabeth, great post! I am so thankful that fall finally decided to show up! I love the cooler weather! I also was very intrigued to hear that you have been in the medical field for ten years. That just proves that it is never to late to pursue your dream! I also enjoy doing these blogs, it would be a good tool to use in our future classrooms to assess what the students have learned. Thank you for your great blog post!
ReplyDelete